Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ok, So I'm Not Julie Andrews

...but I do love the song Edelweiss. And I WILL sing it for you if you want--well, maybe even if you don't want :)

I know they are talking about a flower too, but I always think about it with kids too--"may you bloom and grow forever" and all. Wishfully, I like the "you look happy to see me" portion too, but I digress.

In doing this layout of my granddaughter, I liked the word bloom. Originally, I was going to use this mini Maya Road album as just that-an album. As I started playing with it though, it made such a cute little banner. And the more that I played, the banner looked cute on the 12 x 12 inch paper and so on, until well, it is a layout with a banner.



I did have a lot of fun making the banner "bloomish" too. I used several flowers and also some flower soft on wire to make the flowers more dimensional. The fun font on these Cosmo Cricket letters seemed to fit the mood.

The pictures are from about two year ago, but the wish I had then is the same now-for her to continue to grow and bloom in her life.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Aww, so that's what you were wanting picture that fit the theme 'bloom' for! :D Glad you found some.

cindy said...

Love the layout...it's bloomin pretty! (sorry I could not resist). great colors.

and yes, the only other song possibly more annoying than "favorite things" would be that one.

and you know how i love it when you sing......

-your mean sister.

Dee Dee said...

So precious, and I love the banner. I noticed it at the store and it so very pretty in real life. Perfectly pink! :D