Sunday, March 7, 2010

Making My Own Sunshine

OH, the sun was out for a couple of short days, but it was sooooo nice. Today it is back to rainy and grey.



Staying inside for the most part today. Trying to be warm and dry. Trying to enjoy each day without wishing it away, but really wishing for sunshine and warmth. These layouts bring to mind summer and warmth for me. The one at the top is of the grandkids little cute feet. I used some Jenni Bowlin Homespun papers and Cosmo Cricket papers from their Garden Variety line. I left it sort of simple. It looks a lot more yellow in real life. The only color that pops is the blue on the tag and flower.



This layout is of my cousin's son a gazillion years ago (at least it seems like it). This is just such a great picture...hard to know what was going on in his mind, but his face is full of expression.

I used Jenni Bowlin again on this one. Cherry On Top is the name of the cherry paper. The large homegrown portion is the center of another of her papers called Chicken Feed. Both of those are from the Homespun line. I had fun mixing the flowers, milk bottle cap, stickers and other goodies together at the corner.

They make me feel warmer and I hope they make you warmer too.

3 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Saw these in store. Love the warm colors. The pic of your cousin's face is priceless! :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Sherri it has been such a long, long time since this post. Hope all is well with you
Alison

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous creations, hope the holidays are wonderful for you and the family.